Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - **Vote for March ROTM-I'M A RACER**
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 06:28 AM   #82
WeeAsp
Resident Curmudgeon

Fan#: 42718
What I Drive: 2002 RED SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 175 WeeAsp Excellent Standing MemberWeeAsp Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tparker View Post
Billy be nice, Wee just said he does all kinds of racing too, just in a stock car. Either way stock or modified the focus is always fun to run. And running it is what this is all about. I raced mine when it was stock and loved it then. Now that it is modified it's just faster but still just as fun. The focus might not be the fastest or the quickest car at the track, but at every event I have ever taken it to everyone comes over to check it out and are amazed that it keeps up to or passes there cars. That is the best part about racing an econobox nobody can believe that they perform as well as they do. I have had Evo's, Suby's, SRT4's and Mustangs all congratulate me on beating them in the 1/4 mile, I've had Miata guys pic my car apart at the autoX to figure out how I got the same time they did and I have had BMW, Corvette and Porsche guys come over to see what I have done to it to pass them on the track. Every time I get a big chuckle out of it. And the all say "damn I didn't know a Focus could go that fast".
Check out this video, this is the very 1st autoX I ever did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty8NCU0MSpc

Hear Hear!!

I've never been on a drag strip with this car. It's not what it was built for.

Not saying that it wouldn't be fun, but just ill suited.

"I live with fear every day and sometimes, she lets me race."

2002 SVT Focus... Stock