Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Weighed my car yesterday......
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 01:31 PM   #112
pelotonracer2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49917
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 17 pelotonracer2 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
No, I apologize. I'm not going to fabricate new bumper moldings. I'm actually going to fabricate new metal brace bumpers which should be MUCH lighter than the stock ones.

Nice job on the front fascia and ram-air inlet by the way. It looks nice!

I'm going to do somethong slightly different as far as a ram-air scoop. It involves a carbon fiber MINI-S hood scoop and my stock hood.

Can't deny the functionality of the location of yours and the shape of your fascia which should build lots of high pressure for your ram-air system.

My only concern for a street car would be pavement heat and it's effects of air inlet temps during summer when the pavement here in Texas is 160+ degrees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquillyB View Post
Pelotonracer2, you will be able to drop a lot more than that if you really try.

And for making your own bumpers, you might be able to buy them from me by then, I should be done with all the molds within the next two-three months. Here's a couple pics of the build process...
foam...

Glass...

bondo...

Finished piece...

new weight of bumper... 8 lbs heavier than stock (crappy), having over 2000 CFM...priceless. There are trade offs for removing or adding weight depending on the application.
Not trying to thread jack, just want you to know I've been doing glass and body work for a while now and that 1 piece took me three months to be ready for the Cloud9 paint. Making your own is gonna be a rough road but well worth it. When I'm done I will have a "one of a kind" focus, which not many people can say.