Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Weighed my car yesterday......
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 01:11 PM   #106
SquillyB
4.9L SC Stroker !!!

Fan#: 45801
What I Drive: SC 5.0 FOFO BUILD IN PROGRESS

FF Reputation: 106 SquillyB Excellent Standing Member SquillyB Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
My car:
removed excess metal from the following: trunk, rear qurters, hood, under carriage, doors.
The head liner, front seat, rear seats, and factory carpet and fire blanket were removed. The ac was temporarily removed, the heater unit. Most of the factory nuts and bolts on the interior were replaced with aluminum when we did the initial setup for sq comp. back in the day (06). There were no factory installed locks or window motors when I purchased it. I added aftermarket window motors @ 1.6 lbs each including hardware. The entire factory air delivery system was removed, rear splash guards, factory foam and sound deadening materials were removed from inside and under the car. Heat shield and a majority of the heavy ass factory exhaust were removed. The only weight I added was in foaming the frame and certain body panels got one layer of Dynamat extreme. Also some suspension mods added or took away weight, ie. strut bars, factory shocks and other factory crap was removed or replaced. I am in the market for CF panels but haven't been able to find to much. I went the hard road and started fiberglassing my own. I have been making molds for the past three months or so.