Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Weighed my car yesterday......
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 08:00 PM   #94
pelotonracer2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49917
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 17 pelotonracer2 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedOften View Post
What suspension stuff did you go with?

I would have expected you to go with a nice light weight 16in wheel like an OZ or rota (what I'm looking for for autoX) instead of an 18...
Why? I weighed my O.Z. Ulteggeras before I mounted them and they only weigh 16.7 pounds each. That's lighter than most 16 or 17" wheelsets, unless I were to get some ugly Gramlights or whatever. They are advertised at 16.5 pounds, but none of mine were quite that light, but close none-the-less. I like the looks of the 18s and went with the lightest wheels I could find in that size. The 215/35-18 tires I went with are sub 20 pound tires (19.3 pounds each) which isn't bad at all considering the size. My 215/40-18s weighed 23.5 pounds each. I mainly went with those in the beginning to fill in the fender gap until I lowered the car.

Certainly if my intent was to build an auto-x car then I would have gone with a 13-14 pound 16x7 wheel.

I went with Eibach Pro full suspension, including springs, shocks & sway bars. It has a much nicer stance and handles a whole lot better! I wasn't looking for a slammed look or a tooth rattling ride.

Last edited by pelotonracer2; 02-26-2008 at 09:03 PM.