Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Weighed my car yesterday......
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 05:45 PM   #93
SpeedOften
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2139
What I Drive: E90 335i, 2002 E53 X5 4.4i

FF Reputation: 28 SpeedOften Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelotonracer2 View Post
"when I'm completely finished with this project (maybe spring/summer of 2008) I will make all my documentation available for everyone to read (including the results of removing as much weight as possible)."

It's still winter (Febuary) and I have limited time to work on the car. As stated above I'll probably be done in May or June. I only just finished the N/A build on the car and need to do a follow up dyno after all the mods. I'm still looking for another SVT to buy to make my daily driver (I have kids and need back seats).

But since I posted in this thread last, I've swapped out my entire suspension (springs, shocks & sway bars), put 215/35-18s on my wheels, installed a FRRP short throw shifter, removed the shifter counterweight, installed a lower engine mount, installed HFC, 3" exhaust system, 3" flexpipe and a custom tune from Tom. Some cosmetic mods as well. Haven't had time to do much more with it but as it warms up a little I'll start working on the weight reduction....

I'll take a few pics of the plug mod sometime later this week with a digital camera. You can try it with your stock wires and coil. Since the plugs don't use crush washers, you will have to purchase 4 boxes (or 16 plugs) to find four that will face the exhaust port on each cylinder. It is sorta a PITA, but it works and if it yields 1hp per cylinder on average then I think it's worth the time and extra expense.
What suspension stuff did you go with?

I would have expected you to go with a nice light weight 16in wheel like an OZ or rota (what I'm looking for for autoX) instead of an 18...