Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Wiring up Recarro Seats
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #9
mjmallon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49270
What I Drive: 2004 CD Silver LX PZEV (mtx75)

FF Reputation: 23 mjmallon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaysE View Post
Each of the different seat components uses a two-wire connector that mounts into the main connector, whether it is square or rectangular. They are different colors and secured into the connector with a dab of glue on the back that you have to scrape off. I haven't seen the square connectors first-hand, but that's how the SVT seats are.
Hey,

I never looked into that, but I'm still not sure it will work.

The wiring positions inside the "rectangular" connectors are pretty much centered inside their individual little plugs, but they're not centered on the square types, so the small colored SVT plugs won't physically plug into non-svt connectors without some serious tweaking.

I was fairly accurate in my positioning of the wires in the diagram I made here:

http://www.michaelmallon.net/fordfoc...connectors.png

See how the black circles (which are the wires) are towards the tops of the small squares on the "square" connector, but basically centered on the "rectangular" ?

Anyway, I'm sure it could be done, it would just require tweaking the shape of the SVT plugs to make them fit the non-svt connector.

hope the original poster has figured it all out, cheers everyone!

-- michael