Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Focus wins Swedish Rally!
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #8
Oni
Oh yeah!

Fan#: 24899
What I Drive: An unloved Focus

FF Reputation: 4 Oni Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Yep, Jari-Matti Latvala broke a new record by being the youngest driver to ever win a WRC rally. I remember after watching him last season that he would quickly become a threat or at least a formidable opponent but not this quickly (as Ford Team Boss Malcolm Wilson was surprised). Mikko Hirnoven took second with Gigi Gali taking the final podium spot in third for a Ford one, two, three. Mikko now leads the championship over Loeb. This season might turn out better than I thought if Loeb makes mistakes, and the competition gets closer to his level.

I have to admit, the last two years of the WRC were spectacular between Loeb and Gronholm.

Speed hasn't televised since 2005 as far as the WRC goes. I don't know if Speed is necessarily the one to blame here, but I am not completely certain. I think part of it also has to do with the FIA and Eurosport (as they were the ones providing the coverage that Speed would run).

Racing Underground

Check out that site if you want to find day to day coverage of the WRC events.
SVT Squad #80
1365 of 3985
Born: 04/25/2003

formerly known as the member ilcowil