Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - AWD Zetec/SVT Focus INFO thread
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 09:23 PM   #1
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Exclamation AWD Zetec/SVT Focus INFO thread

THIS REFERS TO MAKEING A FOCUS AWD AND KEEPING THE TRANSVERSE MOUNTED TRANNY

I think its about time we start pooling our resources and really start getting into the AWD Focus discussion.

I've been doing alittle research...

Here's what I know...

You can use the MTX75 out of a Jaguar but you have to switch the guts into a Focus friendly housing, the Jag rear end is too wide unless you want to do some fab work.

You may be able to use some of the Mondeo parts, but I'm having a little difficulty in finding much info on these.

Theres a possibility we may be able to use parts off of the old AWD Tempo's, if I can find one I'm gonna get some measurements and scope out everything REAL good.

Getrag is currently testing an AWD system for the next gen Focus... I wonder if it will be backwards compatable.

I'm starting this thread so I can get enough info to start collecting parts for a "Summer Build"

If you post in here try to keep everything on topic... i will delete posts if they go a stray.

John

2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]