Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Air horns installed. Pictures and tips.
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2004, 05:17 PM   #38
Folkus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2539
What I Drive: Focus 2.3 Duratec SE PZEV Wagon. Mmm...

FF Reputation: 1 Folkus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by S2
Someone has some road rage issues.......
That's ridiculous, S2. Judging from his other thoughtful posts on the FF, I highly doubt DidHeFocus is an aggressive driver. I know I'm not. For example: I've never given a driver the finger or yelled or shaken my fist at them. Not once in my 20 years of driving.

Seems to me the interest in louder horns is about safety, not about hostility.

Just this week I was in a parking lot and an elderly guy in his Oldsmobile began backing up into my parking space. He had his windows rolled up. I leaned on the horn but he didn't hear me. He hit me! The bumper is scratched up but I didn't feel like hassling him about it. Does that sound like a road rage problem to you?

Yes, I would have loved to have air horns at that moment. But not to intimidate or humiliate the old guy. Just to get noticed!

I drive the interstates a lot. Why do you think all the big rigs have air horns? Why do you think emergency vehicle sirens are so much louder than OEM car horns? Hmmm... maybe they figured out that a loud horn can make the life/death difference of getting noticed quickly -- especially by somebody with their windows rolled up and radio cranked. Ya think?