Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Air horns installed. Pictures and tips.
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2004, 07:09 AM   #34
Folkus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2539
What I Drive: Focus 2.3 Duratec SE PZEV Wagon. Mmm...

FF Reputation: 1 Folkus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by DidHeFocus?
Please point out exactly what doesn't make sense.

First I want to make sure you understood that I think the confusion is due to my ultra-beginner status, not your tutorial. Your tutorial is plenty detailed for anybody who has done electrical car projects before. But when I look at your tutorial as a total car electrical newbie, I can't make sense of it. I'm sorry, I don't even know where to begin to explain all the ways it's over my head. Pretty much each of your photos and illustrations makes assumptions about my level of understanding that I don't deserve. Just for example, what tab did Ford provide, and where is it in the photo? In that photo, what was original wiring, and which wires did you add? Which part of the photo shows your fog lighting kit and which is the horn kit? And so forth. No need to answer these particular questions because they're just examples of why I look at the whole thing and say "Nope. Don't want to scratch my head for half a day. I've got to find a truly plug-and-play OEM replacement horn that's 130+db, and requires NO new bolting, hoses, or wiring. " (Vassili makes a Nike-like suggestion that I "just do it", but I have to pick what I spend my car time on carefully. I find as a newbie that car mods can take me 10 times longer than I predict they will.)

By the way, DHF, why didn't you install the fog light kit on your Focus? Anything wrong with it?

Best,

Folkus

P.S. Off-topic: It's work that's kept me away from the list lately, not pleasure, unfortunately. I still haven't hooked up my sub amp! :-( But the install is totally done...