Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SVT owners: Post reviews of your Tune!
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 06:59 PM   #76
SVTF'nGR8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10592
What I Drive: 2004 SVTF/EAP Screaming yellow ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 SVTF'nGR8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
1. C-F-M linky

2. SCT XCAL 3 (yes, 3)

3. $400. (thanks Santa!)

4. 2 weeks

5. A breeze to install, plug it in to the obd port and follow the simple onscreen directions. After a few turns of the ignition on and off, I got an error message stating that it failed to store my stock tune. Uh Oh!
Turned everything off again and unplugged the XCAL.
Started over with the same set of ignition on/off sequences and this time the stock flash was saved with no problem.
Next, the unit asks if you want to install the pre-loaded tune? Hmmmm........Uh, Yes!, and away she went.
After that, shut ignition down and unplugged XCAL3 once again.
Time to start her up.................ignition, start vroooooooom!
Right away she stabilizes at under 1K rpm without spiking above that! A nice mellow rumble in the exhaust note. Tap the throttle, and the intake sound is noticeably louder, and definitely more responsive.
Driving, she feels very good. No more stumbles coming through the mid range! In high gear on the hwy she is still pulling up hill. It's not that she is a whole new animal, but again noticeable changes, and definitely for the better.
What seems like a surge comes on strong at about 3500 and up.
It's not only noticeably more powerful, but it runs smoother and better than stock. If anything it makes it much more drivable than the stock tune in my opinion.

6. C-F-M is always awesome to me. (hurry up with your SVTF turbo kit already!)

7. No Dynos, sorry. But SCT claims a gain of: 8fwhp & 11ft-lbs