Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - The Importance of Toe-in or Toe-out
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #19
Geezer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1427
What I Drive: 99 miata, 05Mazda6, 09GTI, 12Imprez

FF Reputation: 141 Geezer Excellent Standing MemberGeezer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxrocks222 View Post
ok so check it, iv had this problem for about a year. iv been through 3 sets of very expensive tires and and its just the rears, they all have the same wearing problem, they all get bad flat spots and the car will shake horribly between about 55 and 70 then it smooths out iv had 3 alignments and im willing to try for 1 more before i put my stock springs back on.........by the way i have the sportlines and 17's and 16's both of which have had 3 sets of tires.

im a flight nurse in a different city and have to drive 27 miles one way to the hospital and i need my ride to be smooth and still keep my bad ass low look, if i have to i will trade for the prokit

thanks to all
knox (RN)
Can you be more specific about what you're calling a flat spot? Are you referring to a completeley bald area such as the edge of the tire. Is it in only one area of the tire (localized), is it a series of cupped like bad areas around the tire? Can you post any of the printouts from your alignments as those numbers could be very helpful.