Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Mario Andretti Racing School
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 11:59 AM   #11
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouOrangeSVT View Post
I just wanted to know if anyone here had gone to the mario andretti/Jeff gordan racing school??

That was a great experience. For my birthday, my fiance took me to vegas and to the las vegas superspeed way.. there she had bought me a package were i was to drive an indy style car for 6 qualifying laps... that was the greatest thing i have ever done.. gets your adrenaline pumping like crazy.. maybe even a stiffy... it was great!! there was some tour group that went along also... since they took their time, the owner told me that i could have 4 free laps for a total of 10 since i was the only customer who bought the experience.. the tour group got theirs free from their hotel..

before this experience, i thought that F1 racers and nascar driver were not athletes... now i have so much more respect for them.. having that kind of attetion span for hours... being in a car that throws you around everywhere...
thats awesome i always wanted to go to one of these schools. Lots of people knock nascar...yea most of the time they just go around in circles...but honestly i don't think many of the people who do talk trash can control a car easily at speeds they reach, can have the reaction time they do to follow so closely to other cars, or have the endurence to run aroud that many laps. Nascar is no joke honestly.