Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Atco Raceway and Broken Axles
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 06:02 PM   #68
CompEuroZX5
Banned

Fan#: 38727
What I Drive: 2004 Comp Orange SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 0 CompEuroZX5 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03OrangeSVT View Post
Tom, I agree.... the chances of breaking one set off axles is rare but two pairs in a row seems really odd.
Odd? I think the answer can be found in basic common sense. If you can break a part, but replace it with the same part. What do you think is going to happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03OrangeSVT View Post
So... are there any pics of the damaged axles or even one of the tranny with the broken parts still on it?
I didn't take any photos as we were more concerned about getting the car home and fixed. The broken parts were traded in as cores for replacement axles and when the replacement axle broke it went right back for another replacement to get the car home. I admit that I do regret not taking any after seeing this thread blow up like it has, but at the time I thought breaking axles when drag racing was a common occurrence especially when dragging a FWD car. I didn't realize that no one was really pushing the Focus at the track to be a street strip car.

If you wanna see a set of broken stock axles then send us a set. We'll happily break them for you and if they don't break we'll buy them from you...

Last edited by CompEuroZX5; 12-21-2007 at 07:07 PM.