Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Atco Raceway and Broken Axles
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 04:46 PM   #67
CompEuroZX5
Banned

Fan#: 38727
What I Drive: 2004 Comp Orange SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 0 CompEuroZX5 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Ok lets start by WHY ? Why is he breaking and no one else ?

Tom
After 6 pages worth of responses I think its pretty clear why he has broken axles and no one else has. So far no one can bring up another Focus that has pulled a 60ft better than the first pass ever in his car. That pass was on low boost, drag radials with 20psi (not even slicks), no burnout, and the FIRST pass in the car. The suspension in Dominic's car is not stock like the CFM turbo car. His car has a completely one off rear suspension designed specifically for Drag Racing and quite a few tricks done to the front suspension. Thats what makes it hook so well. No power is being wasted by the rear squatting, motor mounts flexing etc. Who else has done that?

At this point I think the only way to prove the stock axles can take much more abuse would be for someone to at least 60ft better than 1.801. Care to take one of your turbo cars back to the track on a real tire Tom? Come up to one of the Ford Races at Englishtown or Atco next season...