CompEuroZX5
Banned

Fan#: 38727
What I Drive: 2004 Comp Orange SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 0 CompEuroZX5 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
John your wasting your time and I am mine this guy knows it all , He doesent have a clue the stresses 700HP has on a set of axles
So, is this 700HP to the wheels or at the flywheel? I never did get answer to that. However much power you're making it doesn't really matter since its not effectively getting to the ground for at least the first 60ft. The initial launch is the most stressful moment during a 1/4 pass. Not at the 330ft mark or the 1/8 mile.

Quote:
99.8% of the people making GOOD power here and not here havent had one issue with axles that says
Making "GOOD power" on the dyno doesn't equal pulling good 60ft times on the track. Can you even name one person who makes the "GOOD power" and has 1/4 mile times to back it up?

Quote:
one of two things either he has a bad set with something wrong with both of his axles(doubt it) or they were abused take your pick the odds of broke axles with high HP are against you
Well I think the odds just rolled over onto my side because I don't think either of those things were what actually happened. The set of axles that broke in the car were fairly low mileage (around 25,000) out of stock Focus. On the second pass it broke the innards of both axles at the same time (as you see in my first video on page 2 of this thread). The next day we actually replaced the axles with a brand new set and headed back to the track. On the first pass with the brand new axles it snapped the drivers side axle clean in half and dropped the CV joint right on the track. So, as you can see I'm not making assumptions about the strength of stock Focus axles, but merely presenting real world experiences on this topic with videos to back it all up.

If you care to prove how strong the axles are then take your 700HP car back to the track on a real tire and show the Focus community what the axles are capable of. Otherwise I've seen a set hold up for one 1.801 60ft and then break on the next pass and then seen another brand set break on the first pass.

Brand new set of stock axles breaking on their first launch.