CompEuroZX5
Banned

Fan#: 38727
What I Drive: 2004 Comp Orange SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 0 CompEuroZX5 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03OrangeSVT View Post
You have no idea just how many launches my axles have on them.... I've done launches with over 1000 POUNDS of people in the car which gives you more traction than slicks.
Well I don't see any 1/4 times in your signature nor did you inform me of what 60ft's your pulling. So, I think its safe to assume you have yet to take your Focus to the drag strip. Again, launching you car on the street doesn't prove anything. Especially when you're on regular street radial tires. If you feel that loading your car up with an extra 1000lbs is going to make it hook better on street radials compared to running slicks/drag radials. Then why don't you go down to the drag strip with your buddies in the car and let me know what kind of 60ft's you pull...

Quote:
And I'll gaurentee that when Tom comes off the line its harder than you buddy will ever come off the line.
How can you possibly come to the conclusion that Tom comes off the line harder? Tom's 60ft's are over 2 tenths slower compared to my friends first pass ever in his Focus. Plus Tom has already openly said that he doesn't push his car in the 60ft, "to me 5000RPM and sliding my foot off the clutch to get better 60 foot is far to much abuse" (Tom)

Quote:
Have you ever launched with a trans break??? Its like getting hit from behind by a fulley loaded semi running 100mph...... completely awsome.
Actually I prefer drag racing manual transmission cars and yes I've launched many times in many different cars on slicks with WOT throttle launches. I've consistently been mid to high 1.6 60fts in my old 12sec stock motored (only 225whp) 1993 Notchback. Heres a photo of it yanking the front wheels off the ground...