Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - focus vs. contour
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 07:58 PM   #9
number1187svt
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30971
What I Drive: 2003 Ford SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 9 number1187svt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Wow... Okay.
For what you want, I would the SVT Focus is your best bet. Forged Internals, Getrag 6 Speed Transmission, Legendary stock brakes and suspension. Interior is Amazing! (especially in the European Option package) and the car is completely and subtley set off fromt eh other foci. As far as aspiration goes, there are many kits for the SVT as well as the stock Zetec. However, the SVT will give you better gains due to its better internals and the helpful internal oil squirters. The MAX BOOST ever seen on a stock SVT is I think 23lbs through a Turbo. Buying a Powerworks Blower and running around 12lbs will give you about 250whp SAFELY. Also, the next best supercharger out there ie the Famous domestic Procharger. Its a centrifugal type and will give you 260whp easily and still SAFELY at 12lbs.

Theres alot more I could tell you but it'd take up pages!!!

The SVT is the best car you can buy for $10,000. What you want to look for in a used one is an 04' Euro edition SVT with low miles. If your planning on supercharging it, then clutch condition doesnt really matter. Just Remember 3 things when buying one.... 2004... SVT... Euro-pkg.

Also research the infamous Clutch TSB on this site. You'll learn alot about the primary and almost only problem with the SVT Focus.

Last, as you know, SVT is a special branch. They did a great job building the SVT Focus so you cant go wrong with it.

Let me know if I can help you with your other questions...

-Nathan

(Sorry for the page)

Previous:
2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged Stage 2
2003 Ford SVT Focus #1187 SVT Squad #314 November 2007 ROTM