Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Spec Focus Build - what does it cost
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 06:20 AM   #50
LCR
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 36358
What I Drive: 2002 Gray Sedan

FF Reputation: 5 LCR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundGuyDave View Post
Not even having driven it yet, I can't tell you what I like or dislike about the brakes or suspension yet, but my understanding is that the suspension and brakes are the replacement for the SVT package. Is this correct? IS there a spec-legal brake upgrade available?

With the suspension, I would assume that the smart thing to do would be to drop in camber plates, the Multimatic dampers, and the new lower FRPP springs. Would this be correct, and how much would the ride suffer?

I'm not overly worried about "maximizing" the car at first, since I still need to learn how to drive on a track, but if I do want to stiffen up the car a bit, I really don't want to spend the money twice, and I DO like good brakes. SS lines are being ordered Monday, along with (more) Motul RBF600 for a full flush. Also, does anybody have the Earls SoloBleed part number that fits this car?
You bought a great car that is fun to drive and will make a very good track car in HPDE.

The ST dampers are close to the original SVT ones but the spring are different. You will not have to do much to the brakes to make it a track car other then install some race pads for your track days. The ST brakes are about the same and will be just fine. The 2006 ST car that won the NASA championship in Spec Focus had the same set up. I can give you a complete brake down on what you would need and your options if you like. PM me for my phone # and I will be glad to help.

Leo