Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Atco Raceway and Broken Axles
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 02:35 PM   #35
CompEuroZX5
Banned

Fan#: 38727
What I Drive: 2004 Comp Orange SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 0 CompEuroZX5 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Becausse I wanted to do it on the tires I drove to the track and back home with if thats what I wanted to do. At the Fun Ford Weekends I would drive it to the Motel at night and back because it was street legal as were the tires
The tires run on the car when the axles broke were DOT Approved Hoosier Drag Radials. The car been driven on the street with them and skinnies in the rear with no problems at all. Car was also driven to the track which is about 75miles one way.

Quote:
I ran a 10.95 @ 137 First and only one in the 10`s to me is one heck of a test to what the stock axles will do holding 700+
Congrats on slipping into the 10's. How many times has the car run in the 10's?

Quote:
To me it isnt worth the abuse and allways working on stuff to get low 60 foot times for a 10th or two if I want that i will turn up the boost and let the HP do the work , to me 5000RPM and sliding my foot off the clutch to get better 60 foot is far to much abuse and has shown you that , if he would of launched at 3500 he wouldnt of run that much slower and wouldnt be spending big bucks on axles and working on his car and could of had more fun making another 2 , 5 , 10 more passes that night
A general rule of thumb in drag racing is that a 10th in the 60ft is worth two 10th's in the 1/4 mile.The difference in ET between a 1.65 60ft and a 2.05 60ft is quite drastic. Do the math. I think most would agree that its quite a bit more impressive to run the best ET with the least amount of power. Having 2000hp to wheels and running 9's would be a joke. Yet having 550whp and running 9's would be quite different...