Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Atco Raceway and Broken Axles
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 04:08 PM   #32
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Becausse I wanted to do it on the tires I drove to the track and back home with if thats what I wanted to do. At the Fun Ford Weekends I would drive it to the Motel at night and back because it was street legal as were the tires

I ran a 10.95 @ 137 First and only one in the 10`s to me is one heck of a test to what the stock axles will do holding 700+

To me it isnt worth the abuse and allways working on stuff to get low 60 foot times for a 10th or two if I want that i will turn up the boost and let the HP do the work , to me 5000RPM and sliding my foot off the clutch to get better 60 foot is far to much abuse and has shown you that , if he would of launched at 3500 he wouldnt of run that much slower and wouldnt be spending big bucks on axles and working on his car and could of had more fun making another 2 , 5 , 10 more passes that night

I enjoy running at the track not working on the Focus all the time

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus