walshka07
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48052
What I Drive: 2004 Subaru WRX

FF Reputation: 1 walshka07 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMarks View Post
Solid or hollow doesn't matter. As long as the front 21mm or less and the rear is 25mm or less, you're good.

As I read the rules, there's nothing wrong with doing this - you just need to trade off the the change in ride height vs. the better balanced car. My thought is that this would be overthinking the solution. The ride height is high anyway.

Ford's report is that they stick better - will know in February

Yup - if you can solve this one and make reliable power - you'll have a line of customers lined up, starting with me ;-)
the front sway bar is 22mm limit... im guessing that you cant change the pick-up point for the sway bar in the rear, rules mention nothing to say you cant? because you could make the car rotate much better, you have to have a huge rear sway bar because of the terrible placement, but if you could shift it out an inch or two, the rear sway would be i would imagaine it would be 50-60% more effective, making the car turn in and rotate rather easily

the ride height difference would be about a 1/4 to 3/8ths of an inch difference, so i dont find it to be unreasonable, also i drove a good freind of mines spec miata before and after corner weighting... huge difference.

i could deffinatly work on the exhaust, i figured out an exhaust for my WRX and it picked up 13whp 14lb-ft of torque, and it only weighed 9lbs, then i sold the exhuast because some guy loved it, i didnt really like the sound anyways, but i could deff build one for the focus, im thinking 2.5in with a mangnaflow flow-though race muffler but ill so some more research.

Matt