Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Spec Focus Build - what does it cost
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 03:05 PM   #35
MattMarks
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46203
What I Drive: 2005 ZX 4 ST Spec Focus

FF Reputation: 1 MattMarks Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshka07 View Post
the anti-roll bars arent limited to being unmodified, only that they are under a certain diameter, i wonder if it matters if they are hollow or soild?
Solid or hollow doesn't matter. As long as the front 21mm or less and the rear is 25mm or less, you're good.

Quote:
would it be out of the rules to put small washers between the upper strut mount and the shock tower to corner balance the car? ive heard of someone doing this before with good results, however im not entirely sure about the legallity in our series
As I read the rules, there's nothing wrong with doing this - you just need to trade off the the change in ride height vs. the better balanced car. My thought is that this would be overthinking the solution. The ride height is high anyway.

Quote:
or maybe im thinking to hard and i should just build the car and have fun.

Quote:
have you driven on the R888's? ive heard they stick harder than the RA1's which i have driven on....
Ford's report is that they stick better - will know in February

Quote:
i think that i could analzye the exhaust system and header on wave and fluent, along the the cold-air intake, and optimize them and maybe come close to the power i want. if you can tell i like expirementing and figuring stuff out, im on the FSAE team at UTA, we are in the process of building our 2008 car and im getting inspired with some of their ideas
Yup - if you can solve this one and make reliable power - you'll have a line of customers lined up, starting with me ;-)
Spec Focus Advisory Board - Have a Spec Focus Question? Ask me!