Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Spec Focus Build - what does it cost
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 01:55 PM   #32
walshka07
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48052
What I Drive: 2004 Subaru WRX

FF Reputation: 1 walshka07 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
the anti-roll bars arent limited to being unmodified, only that they are under a certain diameter, i wonder if it matters if they are hollow or soild? also i could weld in an adjustment bar, and calculate the different roll stiffnesses and figure out the balance of front to rear roll stiffnesses, i think that becuase its a spec suspension we need to figure out a way to optimize it... would it be out of the rules to put small washers between the upper strut mount and the shock tower to corner balance the car? ive heard of someone doing this before with good results, however im not entirely sure about the legallity in our series. or maybe imthinking to hard and i should just build the car and have fun. anyways just random ideas.. have you driven on the R888's? ive heard they stick harder than the RA1's which i have driven on.... i think that i could analzye the exhaust system and header on wave and fluent, along the the cold-air intake, and optimize them and maybe come close to the power i want. if you can tell i like expirementing and figuring stuff out, im on the FSAE team at UTA, we are in the process of building our 2008 car and im getting inspired with some of their ideas

Matt