Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Spec Focus Build - what does it cost
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 12:08 PM   #27
MattMarks
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46203
What I Drive: 2005 ZX 4 ST Spec Focus

FF Reputation: 1 MattMarks Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
- Livermore performance has (I think) the weld it yourself cage for about $900 IIRC.

- Polyurethane suspension bushings not needed IMO. If you have everything apart, go ahead and do them - but the cars are relatively soft and the bushings aren't that much firmer than stock.

- My rear mount is gone too...Poly is a must there. Know who sells them?

- You're right on the xcal

- I'm going to run brake ducts for 2008. I had some fade on hot days, but I'm not sure if it was really fade or else pad knockback from the caliper flexing. I'm making my own using the fog light holes and PVC pipe. These cars brake really well. Re-reading your post, the 2005 cars have the same calipers (I believe) as the SVT rally kit - the only difference is that the kit's brakes are 335 mm disks vs. 320 or so for the 2005 OEM disks. Save the $800 on that - I had no issues sticking with, or sometimes outbraking the cars with the kit even on the long straights at Mid-Ohio (120 mph -->> 40mph)

- No idea on EBC's as I haven't used them. I'd personally be running Performance Friction 97's as they are my favorites from my Porsche days, but they don't make them for this application. Note - to get my HT10's to fit the front calipers, I had to grind the backing plates a touch to get them to fit in the guide channels. Unfortunatly, there are not a whole lot of people making brakes for the 05-07 cars.

On the other hand -Hawk gives good contingency money. Winner at the nationals got $500 and they paid me $150 for 4th
Spec Focus Advisory Board - Have a Spec Focus Question? Ask me!