Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Spec Focus Build - what does it cost
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 11:48 AM   #26
walshka07
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48052
What I Drive: 2004 Subaru WRX

FF Reputation: 1 walshka07 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
yeah i learned a lot from my first track car build, a 93 MR2 turbo, now i want to get into W2W racing. but i was thinking i could cut about 2200 bucks out of that list of stuff that id like to have but dont nessisarlly need, i could put that elseware for the moment and maybe put it into seat time. another thing would be that the car will me basically my indestructable HPDE car. i cringe when i put the MR2 off, but i cant say that i would do the same if i put the focus off the road.

quick pic of the old car.... it was pretty heavilly modded... i estimated on the cage, but that price 1750 is the price on F2's site for a MIG welded cage, but i wish that i could find someone who makes a weld-it-yourself cage for the focus, because i can weld tig or mig. i know the poly motor mounts would be a must, i broke one when i had my 2005, but would the poly suspension bushings be absolutly neessiary? also have you ran into any issues about the brakes fading to the point where youd like to have brake ducts? i have them listed and i know how id build them, just wondering if you use them or would want to use them? yeah i figured that there was a better suspension, but i like that fact that it comes with everything needed, shocks springs, and antiroll bars, not to mention i have good expiernce with the kit, i put it on a freind of mines focus and i loved the way it rode and drove. granted i never drove it on a track, but i know how easy the whole thing is to install. i found an xcal 3 for 400 at steeda, and i was reading over the features and it seems like the xcal 3 is the only one that allows for custom tuning by a tuner, most likely my engine tuner for the MR2 would become my tuner for my spec foucs. if there is any other way of doing custom tuning please let me know, i never got into engine tuning on my focus. i agree on the SS lines, made a HUGE diff on the MR2, by the way does EBC make red or yellow brake pads for the focus? thanks for answers!

Matt