Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - SVT Front Camber Issue, Stock Suspension...
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 04:47 PM   #10
Geezer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1427
What I Drive: 99 miata, 05Mazda6, 09GTI, 12Imprez

FF Reputation: 141 Geezer Excellent Standing MemberGeezer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProSilverVT02 View Post
60,000, just like you said, it sounds crazy to purchase a "lowering" kit to solve the problem, but an Eibach Pro-Kit would actually raise my front end up.

Front camber is... Left (-3.4) Right (-3.6)
Front toe is... Left (-0.01) Right (0.00)

As stated above, the camber is so negative that a lowering kit will actually raise my front end. I know, doesn't make sense but trust me..

I am using the factory SVT 5 spokes with 215/45/17 tires. One accident comes up on Carfax.

Sounds like you bought the car used so some things come to mind. 1) Are you sure it has stock springs on it? Did the previous owner possible lower it. 2) The accident could be one cause but it had to be a pretty good one. That amount of negative camber can not be achieved within the range of allowable stock adjustments. You're lucky if you can get a quarter to half a degree (if that) at most alignments. It's unlikely taller springs will do much. It would take a considerable increase to negate (reduce) that kind of camber. I see if someone has a set of SVT front springs laying around and give them a try (borrow) before you spend serious money on other springs and have them not work.