Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - SVT Front Camber Issue, Stock Suspension...
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 04:19 PM   #9
ProSilverVT02
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33656
What I Drive: 2002 SVT

FF Reputation: 7 ProSilverVT02 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadIdea View Post
You have some other issue that needs resolved. I ran -3.5 camber for 9 months with minimal inside tire wear. That was maybe 12k miles.
You must have been running some seriously hard tires. I was running Fuzion HRi's for about 5,000 miles and I was starting to show belts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedgreyzx3 View Post
sure you don't have bent suspension parts?
I have replaced the front right inner tie rod end and thats it. The conclusion that I was coming to is that my struts are bents, or the springs are weak.
Copied this from babcox.com...
Quote:
Camber or toe wear

Shoulder wear on the inner or outer edge of a tire is often interpreted as camber misalignment. Too much positive camber can accelerate wear on the outer shoulder of a tire just as too much negative camber can accelerate wear on the inner shoulder. Underlying causes can include bent struts, mislocated strut towers, bent spindles, collapsed control arm bushings, even weak springs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprichda2 View Post
I had the same problem a couple of months ago. I fixed the problem by replacing the stablizer bar that connect from the strut to the sway bar.
Been there, done that. The front end made an annoying rattle when I would go over small bumps, so I stuck my head underneath and they were rotted right off. But like wicked said, that fix alone is not going to help my problem.