Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Weighed my car yesterday......
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 10:26 AM   #86
SpeedOften
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2139
What I Drive: E90 335i, 2002 E53 X5 4.4i

FF Reputation: 28 SpeedOften Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelotonracer2 View Post
After successes there and graduating from from college in upstate N.Y. with a mechanical engineering degree
RPI? RIT? or somewhere else? If RPI, you probably had nukes in your classes since mechanical engineering is the easiest degree to aquire from the nuke program since we get the core credits from the 2 years of school before we even see a ship in the fleet.

Quote:
What do Nuclear reactors have to do with how a car is designed?
A Lot... Heat transfer, fluid dynamics, material composition - metals, chemistry and corrosions, anything electrical (for Electricians and ET's)... Without going in depth.. I'd say quite a bit...

Quote:
I had to buy two hours of dyno time to do the testing. I did before and after and then went back to everything stock. Right now I'm just trying to verify fuel economy and longevity before I come out and tell people what I did to the plugs.
So you have done the modifications... In your ealier posts it was confusing on whether you had actually performed the modification or not. So you dyno'd the car.. any dyno sheets of before and after?

I appologize for coming off like an ass.. but your earlier posts came across exactly the way Jestercrow posted, I should have been a little more civil in my response and in my way of informing you of my opinion.

If there isn't a significant difference in the output voltage between the stock coil and the aftermarket (Screamin' Demon?), there may be another reason why the engine was missing. Did you use dielectric grease on the plugs? Do you know what the current rating is on the aftermarket coil? It shouldn't be much different than stock b/c it doesn't blow the fuse or melt the wiring harness.