Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Weighed my car yesterday......
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 05:43 PM   #85
pelotonracer2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49917
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 17 pelotonracer2 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedOften View Post
You obviously have no idea what a Nuke is in the Navy, nor do you know anything about the Navy, or else you wouldn't be assuming like you are. And woopidy doo dah on fluid dynamics.. I learned about that as well and I'm f'n electrician. So What makes me so inferior about being a Nuke in the Navy than anyone else, b/c that is what you're implying right? Did you know 99% of the Nuclear reactors in the entire US are being run by former Navy Nukes? Three Mile Island was saved by a ex-Navy nuke... It could have been much worse.

So how does a 21 yr old straight out of college afford to build his own business and actually have any worth customer base?

How do you know that the stock coil won't provide the voltage needed? Have you tried it? You have yet to say whether you have or not. In earlier posts you said you hadn't performed the mod yet, so have you? If not, how can you say yay or nay on whether you need an aftermarket coil or not. I have not had any misses or idling issues with the stock coil and aftermarket wires on my car. Couldn't that just be a tune related issue you have yet to resolve on your car. How do you know whether by upgrading the three major ground wires on this car whether that will help - people have noticed a major difference in the smoothness at which the engine runs. I think you're not understanding what I'm asking... And you're being as much of a douche as I was to you earlier. Resistance, Current, and Voltage.. is my shit, so please divulge what numbers you have to prove any gains...

General consensus is that we're already gapping the plugs and running the stock coil with just aftermarket wires with some minimal results... From what I have read / saw / experienced, changing to an aftermarket coil has not lead to increasing the distance of the gap compared to that of the gapping when using the stock coil.

Did I say in my last post that you were FOS?
What do Nuclear reactors have to do with how a car is designed?

"So how does a 21 yr old straight out of college afford to build his own business and actually have any worth customer base?"

I was involved with the "motorsports" end of the personal watercraft industry since I was 16 years old (I raced in the Expert and Pro classes in IJSBA closed course events for 5 years with success against big money factory race teams). After successes there and graduating from from college in upstate N.Y. with a mechanical engineering degree, it was a natural fit for me to start a business. I started it with a dollar in my pocket and a few good ideas... my time spent in the sport and my reputation is how I managed to secure a customer base.

By 2004 my company and our in-house corporate race team had won 33 regional championships, one National Championship and one World Championship. In 2005, I closed my retail establishment and now I work closely with the OEMs doing consulting work (it pays three times as much and I only have to work 1/3 of what I used to). That's pretty much a no brainer! I'm also very much involved in the cycling community and plan on unveiling my own line of high end road bikes in the next 12-18 months.

The stock coil puts out less voltage than the MSD. I've tested it. It's not a huge difference but it is enough. Perhaps you should too. And for the third and last time, using the stock coil caused problems running the plug mod and the MSD didn't. That's all that I care about. I wouldn't have even tried the MSD and wires otherwise (I tried it without first). Other than more voltage, I have no idea why it works better than the stock coil, and I didn't question it. The car ran fine with the stock plugs, stock coil and stock wires so I know nothing was wrong with any of those parts (the stock plugs had nice coloration between the shell and the porcelin part of the plug). With the copper plugs and the modified electrode, the engine ran rough and missed. The plugs were wet with fuel, so you tell me what that means? Hmmmmn...

I guess it's impossible for anyone to come up with anything new AND MAKE A CLAIM THAT IT ACTUALLY WORKS in this forum, especially if it's the general consensus that it's been done before. I don't sell anything and I have nothing to gain or benefit by sharing my findings. Indexing the plugs and the electrode modification with the copper plugs works. I had to buy two hours of dyno time to do the testing. I did before and after and then went back to everything stock. Right now I'm just trying to verify fuel economy and longevity before I come out and tell people what I did to the plugs.

This is my last post on this subject. If someone wants to continue the discussion based on our cars weight or power to weight ratio or want to post up your cars weight then I'd be glad to continue posting.