Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Weighed my car yesterday......
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 11:38 AM   #83
pelotonracer2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49917
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 17 pelotonracer2 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
No disrespect was intended. I was only letting you guys know my background so that you understand that I'm not some knumbnut off the street with no prior experience. I don't like having to "defend" myself from utter stupidity (ignorance is bliss to some folks I guess), especially since the person(s) who are attacking me obviously either can't read or choose to only read what they want and then can't comprehend what I'm saying. It's like trying to have a constructive conversation with a brick wall.

For what it is worth, I never once claimed to be the "God" of Foci. In fact one of the other reasons I read and post here is to get an idea of other peoples experiences, as well as sharing my own. When I have a part sitting on my work bench, I just know what I'm looking at when I see it, especially when it comes to "why something does or doesn't work". After searching for two hours last night I still haven't found anything regarding the points I touched on, other than the MSD coil doesn't improve power by itself, which has nothing to do with what I originally posted.

I would advise everyone to just take what *ANYONE* says on this forum with a grain of salt.

I for one will be much more careful what I share from here on out due to so much cynicism from people who TRULY think they know everything. When I'm finished with this project I'll provide some info then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestercow View Post
we're "those people" now, and I was just trying to learn

I'm sorry we're not all billionaires with 9845364 years of experience in the field. I'm 24. I bought the car because it was inexpensive, fun to drive, and not a Honda - the majority of people here probably share at least two of these reasons. I don't feel like getting trashed, but it seems inappropriate to come here with such a ridiculous superiority complex and make everyone who's here to learn and help each other feel like we somehow owe you something for being the be-all end-all of the focus world. I appreciate the useful ideas and posts you've contributed as I've learned quite a bit here, but please keep it clean...the rest of us are here to have fun.