Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - power steering issues...
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 07:33 PM   #1
skunkpa
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 51477
What I Drive: 07, liquid gray, zx3 mtx

FF Reputation: 1 skunkpa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question power steering issues...

I tried at FJ with no response yet so I figured I would try here as well...any technicians PLEASE respond!

hey everyone...I've been having a couple intermittent problems requarding my power steering as of late...its happened a few times now.

07 zx3 mtx, every now and then when I give it what its got in first gear and have steering input at the same time I'll go for the 2nd gear shift and all of a sudden it sounds and feels like the power steering has more or less failed on me...(the whirring noise and tougher steering) so I'll stop to check the fluid, which is at the correct level, and once the cap is removed I notice the fluid is very aerated not sure if this is normal. then it will drive normally once restarted.

I guess my question is could I be shocking and revving the power steering pump so fast that it is cavitating and causing a vapor lock? when it first happened I instantly made an appointment with my local dealer to have it checked out but upon later driving noticed the problem had gone away...very strange!

any suggestions/ideas guys?