Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Weighed my car yesterday......
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 08:39 PM   #69
pelotonracer2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49917
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 17 pelotonracer2 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WD40 View Post
^^^Not only that...we don't have any gears that are overdrive.
6th comes in at 1.08:1.

And...I confess, I didn't read all of it either.
This in particular:
On upshifts @ WOT, The SVT gearing drops the rpm well below the sweet spot in the powerband, especially with the stock tune.
I completely disagree with that statement...especially after running Miller Motorsports Park.
2nd-3rd, and 3rd-4th upshifts are perfectly spaced in my book.
All I know is from a dead stop, running the car to 7000+ rpm in each gear (as you would going in a straight line at the 1/4 mile track for instance) I notice the engine has to play a little catch up. This was when my car was completely stock too (except for a panel K&N).

Perhaps I'm just used to last car that I owned that had a 7300 rpm red line, 3.90 gear and very tightly spaced gears (and twice the hp and torque of the SVT Focus).

WD40 are you using the original stock tune where the DSI switchover is at 6000 rpm? (and is the rest of your car bone stock as well?). Also if the stock timing and fuel curves have been modified this would make a noticeable difference.

EDIT: Oh nevermind, I see you have a tune. I am refering to a Focus SVT stock only. Anything that smooths out the powerband of this car is going to help big time (especially if you improve horsepower and torque) and smooth out that rediculous DSI switchover.