Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Weighed my car yesterday......
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 07:07 PM   #67
pelotonracer2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49917
What I Drive: 2014 Ford Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 17 pelotonracer2 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedOften View Post
I don't care enough to read half of this BS...IMO you type people to death to get them to agree with you .. I stopped when you said 4th through 6th gears feel like over drive gears to you. I suggest going out and playing with 3rd and 4th gears again, as well as researching a little bit about the twin layshaft Getrag transmission that is in our cars. Third and fourth gears arguably pull stronger than any of the other gears b/c they are on that second layshaft which has a better gear for our powerband.

I'll wait on that dyno...
I said they "felt" like overdrive gears... none of the gears are spaced well, 3rd and 4th are better, but not OPTIMAL. I love how you say "arguably" pull stronger. I happen to think the top of 2nd pulls best (especially from a 50mph punch) but hey what do I know.. LOL

No one has to agree with me at all, and frankly I could care a less. But maybe If you learned how to read, perhaps you might learn something from someone who has MUCH more experience than you. I never laid claim of knowing every single aspect of the Focus SVT as I've only owned the car for 2 months. You obviously can't debate anything beyond getting defensive because it's obviously beyond your scope of knowledge. I'm not out to tell people they are right or wrong. Everything is just my opinion based on 16 years of being in the industry (and owning and working on many of the cars that I have used as examples). However, you do skate around the issues like Tonya Harding with a baseball bat going after Nancy Carrigan!!!

Just FYI, I'm not just some kid spewing stupidity. I've owned and worked on more cars than most people will ever own in a lifetime (and then some) and been involved in building and evaluating engines (in several different industries) before you even turned 8 years old.

I'll be more than happy to offer "proof" soon enough.

The bottom line is... if you think I'm so FOS then please by all means DO NOT READ MY POSTS!

That should be easy enough to understand, right?