Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Who tracks their Focus and where do they do it?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 09:17 PM   #13
NASAspecfocus2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 51277
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue SVT

FF Reputation: 1 NASAspecfocus2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I am also in the Ohio/IN region. I have been running HPDE's for 4 years. Mid Ohio, Putnam Park, Nelson Ledges, BeaveRun. This year I took the plung and got the NASA competition/regional licence and rented a Spec Focus from Leo Capaldi Racing for the August NASA event at Mid Ohio. Three of us competed in the class that weekend. Matt, Craig C. and Me.

We had a great time, especially passing the slower Spec Miata's.

Then I rented again for the NASA National Championship races at Mid Ohio in September. More....lots of......bunches of fun.

Spec Focus is the way to go if....you got one...are too big for a spec miata,...want a fun car to race....close competition.....all the above.

All of us track dogs with Foci should really look into racing the Spec Focus series. For car prep the safety things would come first, roll cage, electrical shut off, fire extinguisher, seat belts. stuff you need to get on the track.
The performance stuff is what you do over the first few seasons as funds allow. You might not be the fastest car the first year but you will have a smile on your face. When the cars are rolling to the starters stand, all eyes are glued in the distance looking for a sign of moving green, then the engines roar and thirty or more cars are trying to get into the same corner and all jammed up. Now that is exciting fun stuff . Man I'm needing a fix right now.