Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - SVT owners: Post reviews of your Tune!
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 08:18 PM   #74
bigyankee
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 42341
What I Drive: 2004 Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 bigyankee Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
FocusSport Tune

1) FocusSport's tune, Randy worked on it I believe (focusport.com)

2) SCT XCal 2 Flasher

3) I paid $250 for it used

4) Ive had it for a couple days now

5) The installation was a breeze. The flashing process took about 10 min, and then I let it idle for another 10. The first thing I noticed when turned it on is that shes running smoother and quieter. Well, I should say, the engine is smoother, the exhaust is quieter. I'm not sure if I like that second part, but it didnt matter once I started driving. If youre expecting a kick in the pants, well dont, thats not what this is. However, the car is noticeably faster, with more low end power (under 2500 rpms). This wont give you a 5 sec 0-60, but what it will do is completely eliminate the bogging in launches and get you up to speed much faster. The car just smoothly shoots off the line with no drama. The DPFE stumble is gone, gear lash is greatly reduced, throttle engagement is much smoother, rpms climb faster in acceleration and fall faster in shifts, the list goes on... But heres the best part: Before, during normal driving, the speedo needle would just stop climbing during a 3000 rpm upshift. Not anymore. The speed just keeps climbing during the shift, like it should. This is proof to me that theres more low end power being made. Overall worth every cent because the car is simply more entertaining to drive now, period.

6) I haven't talked to Randy as of yet (haven't had to)

7) No dyno

One more thing. A buddy is taking me up this weekend to meet Wayne Foy. I may go ahead and give Wayne's tune a try while Im up there. If I do, edit this post and do a comparison of the two.