Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - How to install an Air Bag Delete in 30 minutes
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 12:47 PM   #39
viney266
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 93
What I Drive: focus ztw ,zx3,mustang, motorcycles

Points 235,208, Level 100
Points: 235,208, Level: 100 Points: 235,208, Level: 100 Points: 235,208, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 112 viney266 Excellent Standing Member viney266 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algorhythm View Post

You say you have seat belts or that you're the best driver in the world. You're not, sorry. Seat belts fail, they are mechanical and regardless of anything you've seen, they do fail. Why would you even remove a safety device that is pre-installed on your car is beyond me, and I bet beyond ANY logical person.

I can't see ANY reason to remove an air bag. You want your kid to sit in the car? Put them in the back where they won't go anywhere dangerous. You want a tray? Use your door tray or the pocket behind the seat. Just feel like doing it to save a couple of pounds? Don't come crying when you hurt someone or yourself.
1.)I NEVER said I was the best driver in the world. I am better than most, but I'm worried about the nut next to me who is doing her make-up in the rearview while chatting on the cell phone. I know she can take me out.

2.) seat belts fail. Yes they do, and so do air bags.. Your point?

3.) Logical? Well, I consider myself a VERY logical person. It annoys my wife that I apply logic to EVERYTHING in life, but you wouldn't know that.

4.) Any reason ?? None AT all? How about, as stated earlier, driving in a demolition derby?

5.) Kid in the back? I DRIVE A MIATA !!!! Are you suggesting I put my child in the trunk? Or perhaps strap him to the rear bumper? Talk about manslaughter charges !!!

6.) Me personally. I can't see removing an airbag just to make a tray, or save weight ( except on the racetrack). But, as I said before, this is America, and it is HIS car. He can't sell it that way, but he sure can drive it that way.

7.) My miata now has a 12 inch steering wheel with no airbag. Is it trendy? NO WAY. I am 6'3" and 250 lbs. with ALOT of torso. The only way for me to drive a miata safely is to remove the seat rails. Thus lowering the seat 1.5 inches. The seat is now static. And to put on this smaller wheel. The stock steering wheel is right against my diaphram and the air bag would rip my head off. If I was 5'10". The airbag, and stock wheel would still be in the car. Sorry, I'm a big guy that likes little cars.

So, I ask you. Still see NO reason why someone would remove an airbag?

P.S. Read the note on your visor in your airbag equipped car. It has the world DEATH in bold type. Now read it again.