Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - How to install an Air Bag Delete in 30 minutes
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 10:59 AM   #38
Algorhythm

Fan#: 20623
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3, 2004 Kawasaki ZX6R 636

FF Reputation: 105 Algorhythm Excellent Standing MemberAlgorhythm Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
You know what. I went to the street racing forum and saw this.

If someone crashes, and someone is injured or killed, you could be arrested and charged with Reckless Driving or Manslaughter.

I doubt that forcibly removing an airbag on your passenger, getting in an accident and injuring/killing them DOESN'T get you nailed with manslaughter, criminal negligence, or something else just as bad besides (almost) killing the passenger.

You say you have seat belts or that you're the best driver in the world. You're not, sorry. Seat belts fail, they are mechanical and regardless of anything you've seen, they do fail. Why would you even remove a safety device that is pre-installed on your car is beyond me, and I bet beyond ANY logical person.

I can't see ANY reason to remove an air bag. You want your kid to sit in the car? Put them in the back where they won't go anywhere dangerous. You want a tray? Use your door tray or the pocket behind the seat. Just feel like doing it to save a couple of pounds? Don't come crying when you hurt someone or yourself.