Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - How to install an Air Bag Delete in 30 minutes
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 09:39 PM   #29
j-zetec_pr
MACHINERY TECHNIAN

Fan#: 47101
What I Drive: 2000 Silver ZX3 Kona, MTX-75, Zetec

FF Reputation: 27 j-zetec_pr Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-O View Post
I have friends with 1950's hot rods that don't have seat belts? Should I take mine out?
yeah, that was a real useful post.. anywaaays..

i was in one bad accident where the whole front end of the car was smashed in..AND THE AIRBAGS DIDN'T GO OFF!!
i was also in the passenger seat when my sister hydroplaned a car and went up on a road divide. the front airbags went off, but the seat belt tensioners were good enough that neither of us hit the airbags. my point: airbags are sometimes good, but they are not perfect. my 2000 zx3 came with no ABS.. should i charge Ford with mansLaughter if my bad braking gets someone in my car killed. I know how to use my brakes. Plus EVERYONE in my car will wear seatbelts, no exceptions, even in the back seat. That is my rule. Period.

If you want to keep your airbags, fine. But don't mess with the guy that takes them off to save weight, or for whatever other reason.. it's his right to take them out, and it was a good how-to. as for the "take of your mirrors" analogy--hell, i'm not even getting into that one...

when the money permits, my zx3 will be equipped with good supportive seats, properly installed 4 point harnesses, a good steering wheel, and no airbags. i'm glad new cars come with airbags. i'm also glad that i can take them out of My car.