Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - STREET RACING - A Rant and a WARNING
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 08:20 AM   #5
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Well im sorry this is the BIGGEST bunch of BS i have read about street racing it goes to prove that you dont like it but have never done it yet you break driving laws all the time

You SOUND like you sit on your polished throne and like you said "I WILL look down my nose at any and ALL" The rules say not to talk about "street racing" do we really need you .01 about your opinions about it and how you feel like your better then those that do street race

Im guessing you never go above the speed limit? allways come to a 100% stop at all stop signs, obay ALL trafic laws NO YOU DONT no one does but do I look down my nose at you , what makes you better going 5 over the limit or me going 50 over the limit were both breaking the same laws

Now to answer your questions , did you know the first drag race as well as Nascar race even held was done on the street and for almost 50 years (drag racing) was kept that way

"If some of us, as part of this online community, participate or continue to participate in illegal racing then we ALL suffer"

**How am I suffering from you street racing?

1. What does it prove?
**I have nothing to prove to anyone only to my self , some people do this for the money

2. If my ego is THAT important, then maybe I should think about backing it up with something beyond folklore?
**You keep thinking its an ego thing and it isnt , not for some anyway
Folklore ? ? ? you need to get out more

3. Am I or my car REALLY that good?
** YES !

4. Is the risk worth the pay-off of a "good story"?
** Again a "good story" what is that , true street racing is rarely talked about dont group some kid out here trying to out run a honda with nothing done to either car known as a "kill" as street racing IT ISNT

I go and have gone to the track events and got the trophy and the winning money that doesent even cover the cost of fuel let alone tires or expences getting there before people got to know my car I could go 20 miles and pick up 1000 a night or more

TRUE street racing is serious buisness with serious cars and in most cases done under somewhat controled conditions with guys with some common sence and most of the time for big money 1000 to 10,000 $ or pink slips where do you think Pinks started ?

This "kill" crap starting off from a street light is whats dangerous done with unqualified drivers in cars with little to nothing done to them in an area covered with innocent bistanders

There 2 TOTALLY Diff things that shouldnt be grouped togather but for safety on the Forums it needs to be done and that is understandable for liability and safety

Now saying all that 99.9% of the people that are on FF dont need to be racing on the street , streets are to crouded now and to many onlookers to be hurt it isnt like 20 years ago do your racing on the track is the best and safest for everyone

But I sure wont be the one to throw the first stone ! And I wont look down my nose at them either

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus