Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Ford Focus reliability
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 10:59 PM   #28
wood_e
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49788
What I Drive: a car and a suv

FF Reputation: 5 wood_e Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I've had Ford, GM and Audi cars in my driving career. The most reliable thusfar is my Audi but it died an untimely death. For longevity my Taurus SHO takes the cake - 60k with nothing but regular maintenance and 5 starters (most of them were crappy rebuilds that didn't last past 10k).

Why did I just but a focus 2 weeks ago? Price and quality...

I was out the door with a 2,600 mile CPO Focus with a 100k warranty for 240 a month for 48 months. If I wanted a Honda it would be more than that, and a Toyota, even more! No timing belt to change here, and that warranty is key...

Ford knows they have to compete in the small car market and the focus at first was recalled a bunch. 7 years later it's highly improved and I must say, after driving a chevy cobalt, that the focus takes the cake. It felt solid, and well built while the cobalt felt like a cheap piece of plastic.

You can spin the statistics any way you want, but with regular maintenance and oil changes practically any car will be reliable.