Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Do you think 'Car Modding' is worth it?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 09:59 AM   #122
dorfeater
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49992
What I Drive: 2007 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 dorfeater Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Coming from someone who's new to this whole thing, and doesn't have any major plans for the car. Yes it's totally worth it. Here's my reasoning...

For pretty much as long as I can remember I've been a computer geek. Just never had the good job, so I was always saving money for that new part for my computer.

Anyways... now that I have a good paying job, my computer is done, there is nothing else I can do to it... good thing, but I work 12 hour shifts, 3 1/2 days a week, so I don't really have time like I used to, to be on my computer.... real life has interfered.

For like... 2 months I was going insane with boredom. I was blowing money left and right on stupid stuff, anything I would find in the store that tickled me, I would buy.

So I started on my car... now I've found something that gives me something good to spend my money on... teaches me a new skill... and is productive.

The Focus is my dream car.. the first one I drove was in 03 and I loved it.... now I own a brand new one, and I plan on keeping the car for at least 10 years. At least through modding I will get the skills and know-how to keep my car in good shape over the years.

I'm also not putting any serious money into it... so far what I have on my wishlist totals up to about $3000. Little to no engine modification. I'm all about look and feel ;)

Definetly worth it to me.