Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Focus Competition Tires: Info, Links, and Reviews
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 11:43 PM   #15
tua03332
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 37555
What I Drive: 2000 Silver Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 tua03332 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Falken Azenis RT-615
well it appears the azenis are dominant here. I completly agree with all the above, must better sidewalls, better grip all around, but also they recquire not heat to still have good grip. They will work great in colder weather compared to other tires in the STS classes. As for the rain, simply drop them 2psi and you wont notice a difference. I have about 7 raincrosses already.
one thing to note, the 195/?/15's for whatever reason is a slightly different compound. I am trying out 205's now and besides the increased width, they handle heat much better. However they do get greasy and a spraying is necessary especially with a co-driver.
Bridgestone Potenza RE1-01?
yea not quite sure how to spell that whole thingy, but I will say these tires are a close competitor to falken. They do recquire a little heat before they reach max grip, but you will never need to spray them. I find they handle wet 90% of what falken can do, but still a good tire. As for dry, very little difference in grip. The downside of being to lazy to spray your tires after each run is that these tires dont offer that many sizes.

Overrall, falken wins, but I think im gonna go try the bridgestones next spring.