Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - HOWTO: Peripheral Electronics ipod Interface to 05+ stock headunit w/ AUX
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 04:50 PM   #23
HurricaneSpivey
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 49146
What I Drive: 2005 Liquid Grey ZX5 SE

FF Reputation: 1 HurricaneSpivey Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolgripbmx View Post
is there any way to do this without spending 99 bucks. i don't mind using the ipod to control everything. i just used rca jacks on my truck (aftermarket radio) to hook my ipod up so is there somthing like that on the back of these stock radios?

does that interface charge the ipod too?
my ipod won't hold a charge worth a shit i have to had it pluged into a 12volt source for it to stay on for more than a few songs. if it charges it maybe i'll look into spending the money on it. but if not i wouldnt be able to charge it and play the music at the same time anyway.
Yeah, the iPod is charged while plugged into the car. It was completely worth the money. Sounds like you're looking for something that will just plug into the iPod's headphone jack if you don't want to buy the Peripheral connection.