Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - HOWTO: Peripheral Electronics ipod Interface to 05+ stock headunit w/ AUX
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 12:18 AM   #21
spacegravity4me
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 30431
What I Drive: Gray 2005 ZX4 ST

Points 14,943, Level 79
Points: 14,943, Level: 79 Points: 14,943, Level: 79 Points: 14,943, Level: 79
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 42 spacegravity4me Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm really glad that I found this thread. I didn't even know they made an adapter for our cars that would let us control the ipod directly, that's great! I have a problem though and was wondering if you could help me. I've got the same head unit as you and I've got an xm radio that is plugged into an fm modulator. Whenever I want to listen to the xm i have to hit the preset for the channel i've set it to and then it works fine. Problem is that it's not pure digital sound. Now i've heard about the adapters that you can buy that make a direct digital connection for the sat radio's and that let you use the aux button and I've been thinking about getting one. I found out about this item here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/frd04...0872QQtcZphoto and tracked it down on ebay for a good price. I was really excited about it because I figured I could switch it between my sat radio and my ipod. Now I'm not so sure that that is possible. For one, the pie connector i was looking at has rca jacks, so i'm not sure how that would connect to my xm radio and i'm pretty sure that i'd have to have a cable that went into the ipod headphone jack, thereby reducing the quality. What i'd really love to have is an adapter that can not only switch between xm and ipod but ALSO let me control the ipod the way that your connector does. Does anything like that exists or is there a way to have the xm and the ipod setup at the same time? Sorry for the length of this and I don't mean to hijack the thread, you just seem to know what you're talking about. lol Thank you and any help you can give me is appreciated. SPACE