Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2002 FOCUS CODE P0750 Shift Solenoid A Malfunction
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 09:04 PM   #1
regis
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 49359
What I Drive: 2002 SILVER FORD FOCUS SE WAGON

FF Reputation: 1 regis Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2002 FOCUS CODE P0750 Shift Solenoid A Malfunction

Hi I'm having problems with the transmission after third shift it jumps into neutral for like five seconds then jumps hard into fourth, I purchased a OBDll CAN scaner and it read P0750 Shift Solenoid A Malfunction I cleared the code and the car ran perfect for like two days and started all over with the same code, how hard is it to replace this solenoid and witch one is it in the transmission box and do you think this will take care the problem, I went to the ford dealer and one solenoid cost $100 not bad but it shows 3 in the transmission witch one is it?, I know if I take it to a transmission shop they just want to replace the transmission to make more money, I'm a aircraft mechanic and I think I can do this but I need more information from someone thats been thru this problem before, thank you in advance for your help.

UPDATE 8/9/2007: Now the code won't clear & the engine light resets off and comes back up within 2 minutes (It's getting worst HELP)

Last edited by regis; 08-09-2007 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Condition Update getting worst