Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - no harmonic dampener?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 04:03 PM   #1
focusTNR29
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33426
What I Drive: 2011 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 1 focusTNR29 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
no harmonic dampener?

i have read a ton of stuff on this site about how replacing the crank pulley could eventually mess up your engine because it takes off the harmonic dampener. well i was looking at the pulley system at massivespeedsystem.com and it seems that everyone on this site has been wrong about that.

an exact quote from the description " Zetec motors are INTERNALLY ZERO balanced, meaning the factory pulley IS NOT a harmonic dampener of any kind. This means swapping the crank pulley will have NO adverse effects on engine longevity, Massive's staff has logged literally over 250,000 collective miles with these pullies installed and have seen NO unsatisfactory qualities."

So what is the real truth. i think im going to have to go with massive on this one.(not saying that you guys dont know what your talking about, because i know you do and come to this site whenever i have questions)

AEM short ram intake w/K&N filter, Catback exhaust w/mbrp style tip, FR STS, FR wires, 18" Focal Type 176, 215/40/18 Yokohama Avid WS4, SVT suspension, FR gauge pod (Water, Oil, Volts) Pioneer HU, 10" MTX sub, MTX amp, RS shift knob, PIAA bulbs