View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 01:21 PM   #7
cookiemonster52
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48118
What I Drive: 2004, Liquid Gray, ZTS 2.3L Duratec

FF Reputation: 4 cookiemonster52 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Engine mounts are a good idea, I overlooked those.

I'm down to 10% on my brakes too so I suppose the first to get done will be those. On my 2002 ZX5 I did some ceramics (mostly because of the brake dust problem the earlier years had) and they were pretty good. Lasted forever. Anybody have other recommendations for pads? And no, not Playtex.

By lowered I mean just the springs. I was considering swapping in the SVT suspension because I hear it really tightens things up a lot, which is right up my alley, but I'm a little unsure of exactly what is replaced in doing the conversion. But I'm interested in the possibility... the most fun I have with my car is on those circular entrance/exit ramps on the highway safely going 45 while the SUVs and tank-sedans have to practically idle. Really makes me smile knowing their car costs 2-3 times what mine did and it's hardly able to drive in those conditions.

I like the idea of some bars to stiffen up the suspension too, but I'm concerned that I'll only be able to get the front one. Is it a bad idea to have just the front? I have a pretty large sub box in my trunk, and as far as I'm concerned my stereo trumps all, so it won't be going anywhere.

So right now based on the recommendations we're looking at exhaust, SVT suspension swap / bars, or both, engine mounts and maybe a tune. I've got a pretty good idea of what everything costs, except for the suspension swap. Considering I won't be doing the work myself I don't know how likely it is that it will happen. Depends how much a shop wants to do the work. Everything else I'm pretty comfortable doing myself.
$_COOKIE['monster'] = "Team Duratec #89";

I need some interior trim pieces for 00-04. PM me if you have any!