Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - July 5-9: SVTOA/SAAC at Miller Motorsports Park
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 06:48 PM   #20
shlbygt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 23315
What I Drive: 04 SVT PWSC EAP

FF Reputation: 5 shlbygt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The SVTOA event was a blast. There weren't many cars on track and the track was so long you literally had the pavement to yourself. My car didn't care for the heat, altitude or gas though. It felt dead exiting corners or pulling down the straights. I saw ambient temps of 104 and intake air temps of 134+. I had to conserve as much speed going into the corners as I could because car responded to the throttle like a suggestion rather than a command. My studentís 07 GT500 on the other hand didnít care what the altitude was, the blower more than makes up for thin air. People complain about the weight and price of the GT500 but Iím sure they have not driven or ridden in one at speed. It is a very nice package.
Miller is a pretty technical layout that rewards you for getting a good line and keeping up speed. There really werenít too many hard braking zones except for the end of the 3/4?? mile long front straight. If you could screw your courage up to not lift entering many of the corners or figure out some corners with incredibly late apexes you would do well.
The facility itself is freakin' amazing. The garages along the pit wall had individual restrooms, AC, heat, regulated compressed air, water and I believe epoxy floors. Race control looked like something at Mission Control in Houston. Even the gift shop was huge and housed a museum full of historical Shelbys and Fords. The go kart track was a work of art as well. Someone in our group mentioned a price tag of $94 million for the facility and I wouldn't doubt it.