Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - AUTOCROSS June 24
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 01:31 PM   #19
WeeAsp
Resident Curmudgeon

Fan#: 42718
What I Drive: 2002 RED SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 175 WeeAsp Excellent Standing MemberWeeAsp Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
What a great day for an AX !!!

We had nearly 50 cars turn out for the event which allowed for 7 total runs.

I wish I could say that I drove my best, but I didn't. I can say that I just wasn't able to get the tires dialed in where I wanted them or get enough turn in from the suspension, but it really was just not getting me dialed in.

Not sure why, but it was a less than stellar performance. Got lost on the first run - I have no idea where my head was since I thought it was a well laid out course. I kept over powering the tires and to compensate, I would adjust pressures and driving style. In the end, I think I was so screwed up that continuously fiddling with things made the situation worse.

just one of those days I suppose.

Unofficially, I think I finished 5th, based on the other cars and their times, but I haven't seen the final results as of yet.

The upside is that I think I saw a few fanatics cruise in and out to watch.

Aljenkins88 came by. My runs had completed. So, I wasn't able to take him out. Of course, the way I was driving, he may not have wanted to come back after that...

After a ride in Porsche 911, I think he is pretty well hooked on the sport.

So, hopefully, more fanatics will come out and play.

Official results should be up in a day or so and I should get copies of pictures I can post.

"I live with fear every day and sometimes, she lets me race."

2002 SVT Focus... Stock